A5 Product RD Risk Management
In product RD, out of 100 initial proposals, only 10 will be given a formal 'go'. Out of those 10, only 5 will get into test manufacturing. And probably only 2 will actually get good sales in the market. And these 2 successful products' sales and profit probably accounts for 50% or more of a company's profits.
If this company's product RD projects' successful rate doubles, its sales and profit will clearly also double (or more). At the same time, internal RD resources use efficiency can increase. RD cost and time proportionately decrease, and the product can go to market sooner to enjoy higher sales prices, longer product lifecycle, and more profit.
What stops companies from getting into the above positive lifecycle? Let's look at product RD's 5 characteristics: temporary, unique, complex, uncertain, conflicting. It is easy to understand that for any product RD projects, issues, changes and risks are 3 main constraints. Therefore, only with effective management of the 3 constraints, can there be a decrease of various negative impacts. Thereby increasing project success rates.
Our "Product RD Risk Management" course uses case studies and exercises to guide students in the use of effective risk management processes, tools, techniques and skills. It will help you learn how to effectively control various risks in product RD, in order to increase product RD project success rates.
|Day 1||1||Course Introduction||
|2||Risk and Risk Management Definition||
|3||Product RD Risk Management Strategies, Objectives and Scope Activities||
|4||Risk Management Methodology||
|7||Risk Mitigation Plan||
|8||Risk Monitoring and Control||
|9||Risk Management Plan Preparation and Case Studies||
|10||Discussion and Conclusion||
(In order to improve course quality, we reserve the right to modify course contents in part or in whole)
- Understand project risk management definition, process and characteristics.
- Understand product RD risk management strategies, objectives, scope and activities.
- Learn how to construct product RD project risk management plan.
- Learn how to use Mindmap, Fishbone and WBS software tools to identify product RD risk items.
- Learn how to use project risk analysis tools and techniques.
- Learn how to use various risk response strategies to mitigate product RD risk impacts.
- Learn how to use risk monitoring and control process, methods, tools, techniques and skills to ensure risk response strategies and plan are successfully implemented.
- Learn how to construct product RD project risk response plan.
|Target||Market and product planners, product RD designers and managers, purchasing managers, quality and manufacturing personnel, financial and cost controllers, and all those interested in RD time management and schedule compression.|
|Emphasis||RD risk management theoretical framework, process, procedures, forms, techniques, methodologies, actual practice and application.|
|Method||Case studies, templates, exercises, team discussions and presentations.|
|Time||09:00-12:00.13:00-17:00, 7 hours, 1 day|
|Back to Course List>>|