Any training plan must produce measurable results to ensure efforts are not wasted and as a base for continuous improvement. Managers core competencies training process can be divided into 4 stages. And training results measurement can be divided into 6 levels (see Figure 5.1).
Using this Learning Model, training planners can effectively:
- Define various levels of managers core competency elements.
- Define best case competency need level (6 levels).
- Assess trainees current competency level (6 levels).
- Plan and execute suitable training contents and methods for trainees' ability levels.
- Measure trainees' post-training performance (6 levels).
- Use measurement results as a performance indicator and advanced training base (repeat above steps).
Actualizing 'define needs→plan→execution→measurement→continuous improvement' 5 main processes will result in training achieving expected results.
Figure 5.1: Enterprise Managers PM Training Process, Methods, and Measurement Levels