C4 Project Management Office Establishment and Operation
Traditional manufacturing oriented enterprises often use MRP, JIT or similar operation management systems. However, as a result of enterprise competitive edge requirements, a lot of mission oriented projects arise; such as portfolio projects, product RD projects, information system integration projects, customer relationship management projects, Six Sigma projects etc.
These mission oriented projects are often the lifeblood of enterprise future survival and growth. This is because their success can help enterprises continuously transform, attain greater strength and excellence. Enterprises can then accumulate enough competitive edge to successfully face the next wave of challenges.
For manufacturing oriented enterprises, how to effectively manage these vital mission oriented projects is a big headache. This is because a project organization structure is different from traditional functional organization structures. For example, project organizations emphasize cross-departmental performance integration, whereas functional organizations emphasize individual department performance objectives. These two types of organization structures, functions and management methods are vastly different.
How can enterprises effectively establish a mission oriented project management system? This includes establishing common language, common process, common organization, performance measurement and continuous improvement; the five process objectives. At the same time, it is required to develop a project management office and project management human resources.
Based on the above requirements, this course systematically teaches project management system and project management office establishment related knowledge structures and process methods. This will help students build practical and required abilities.
|Day 1||1||Course Introduction||
|2||Project Management Office (PMO) Main Concepts||
|3||PMO 5 Main Functions||
|4||PMS and PMO Establishment Execution and Integrated Process||
|5||Lessons Learnt and Conclusion||
(In order to improve course quality, we reserve the right to modify course contents in part or in whole)
- Understand project management's importance to modern enterprises, including main values, functions, and common problems.
- Familiarize with project management system total framework, including organization structure, process method, tools, techniques, and people skills dimensions.
- Learn project management system building's process method.
- Understand project management office characteristics and importance.
- Understand project management office's 5 main functions.
- Learn project management system and project management office establishment integrated process method.
- Learn how to implement project management organization structure, system building, and human resources training integrated plan.
|Target||Enterprise different levels managers, project managers, project team members, training planners, or those currently involved in project management related work.|
|Emphasis||Enterprise project management system and project management office establishment's theoretical framework, process, methods, tools, application, practical exercises etc.|
|Method||Case studies, templates, exercises, teams discussion and presentations|
|Time||09:00-12:00.13:00-17:00, 7 hours, 1 day|
|Back to Course List>>|