B4 Project Managers Leadership Development Map
Leadership's legend and allure is one of modern management science's hottest topics. From personality theory, styles theory, charisma theory to situational theory; all try to discover leadership's required abilities characteristics. However, is there really one convincing leadership model? Looking at renowned leaders in business, politics, military and religion; it seems difficult to find a clear and unanimous leadership characteristic. In fact, different cultures, time periods, backgrounds, and organization environments create different great leaders.
Since leadership's common characteristics are so difficult to define, how do enterprises choose and develop required leaders? Is there a systematic and effective knowledge structure, method and tools to help choose and train potential leaders? In the light of this need, we specially designed this course; that not only teaches general leadership theories, but also provides a comprehensive leadership abilities map and three types of effective project leaders ability assessment models. These can be used as a reference for enterprise selection and training of potential leaders. It can also be used for self-assessment of project leadership abilities and as an improvement baseline.
|Day 1||1||Course Introduction||
|2||Leadership Definition and Importance||
|3||Don't Excellent Leaders Have Common Characteristics and Styles?||
|4||Do 'Situations Create Heroes' or 'Heroes Create Situations'?||
|5||What is the Abilities Map of Excellent Leaders?||
|6||How to Develop Excellent Leadership Abilities?||
|7||Teams Exercise and Discussion||
(In order to improve course quality, we reserve the right to modify course contents in part or in whole)
- Understand leadership definition and characteristics.
- Understand project organization different levels of leaders, their roles and responsibilities.
- Understand different leadership characteristics and styles.
- Learn how to recognize self leadership characteristics.
- Understand leadership and situation's mutual influence and relationship.
- Learn how to build project leaders abilities map.
- Learn how to assess project leaders abilities.
- Learn how to improve self leadership style and abilities.
- Learn how to increase self leadership passion and motivation.
|Target||Enterprise different levels of managers, project managers, project team members, planners and those interested in project leadership.|
|Emphasis||Project leadership theoretical framework, process, procedures, forms, techniques, methodologies, actual practice and application.|
|Method||Case studies, templates, teams exercises|
|Time||09:00-12:00.13:00-17:00, 7 hours, 1 day|
|Back to Course List>>|